This page lists publications that have been referenced by our Specialists during a session.
1) Adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy: AUA/ASTRO Guideline. Thompson IM, Valicenti RK, Albertsen P, Davis BJ, Goldenberg SL, Hahn C, Klein E, Michalski J, Roach M, Sartor O, Wolf JS Jr, Faraday MM. Journal of Urology. 2013;190(2):441-9.
2) Advanced age at diagnosis is an independent predictor of time to death from prostate carcinoma for patients undergoing external beam radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate carcinoma. D’Amico AV, Cote K, Loffredo M, Renshaw AA, Chen MH. Cancer. 2003; 97(1):56-62.
3) Combined androgen deprivation therapy and radiation therapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: a randomised, phase 3 trial. Padraig Warde, Malcolm Mason, Keyue Ding, Peter Kirkbride, Michael Brundage, Richard Cowan, Mary Gospodarowicz, et al. Lancet. 2011; 378(9809): 2104–2111.
4) Comorbidity Index and Score of Charlson et al. Institute for Algorithmic Medicine;A Texas Non-profit Corporation http://www.medal.org/OnlineCalculators/ch1/ch1.13/ch1.13.01.php.
5) Comparative Risk-Adjusted Mortality Outcomes After Primary Surgery, Radiotherapy, or Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Localized Prostate Cancer. Cooperberg, MR, Vickers, AJ, Broering, JM, and Carroll, PR. Cancer 2010;116:5226-34.
6) Duration of androgen suppression in the treatment of prostate cancer. Bolla M, de Reijke TM, Van Tienhoven G, Van den Bergh AC, Oddens J, Poortmans PM, Gez E, Kil P, Akdas A, Soete G, Kariakine O, van der Steen-Banasik EM, Musat E, Piérart M, Mauer ME, Collette L; EORTC Radiation Oncology Group and Genito-Urinary Tract Cancer Group. New England Journal of Medicine. 2009; 360(24):2516-27.
7) Endocrine treatment, with or without radiotherapy, in locally advanced prostate cancer (SPCG-7/SFUO-3): an open randomised phase III trial. Widmark A, Klepp O, Solberg A, Damber JE, Angelsen A, Fransson P, Lund JA, Tasdemir I, Hoyer M, Wiklund F, Fosså SD. Lancet. 2009;373(9660):301-8.
8) Evaluating the Relationships Between Rectal Normal Tissue Complication Probability and the Portion of Seminal Vesicles Included in the Clinical Target Volume in Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer. Iris Gluck, Karen A. Vineberg, Randall K. Ten Haken, Howard M. Sandler. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2009; 73(2):334-340.
9) Immediate or Deferred Androgen Deprivation for Patients With Prostate Cancer Not Suitable for Local Treatment With Curative Intent: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Trial 30891. Urs E. Studer, Peter Whelan, Walter Albrecht, Jacques Casselman, Theo de Reijke, Dieter Hauri, Wolfgang Loidl, Santiago Isorna, Subramanian K. Sundaram, Muriel Debois and Laurence Collette. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2006; 24(12): 1868-1876.
10) Immediate versus deferred androgen deprivation treatment in patients with node-positive prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy. Edward M Messing, Judith Manola, Jorge Yao, Maureen Kiernan, David Crawford, George Wilding, P Anthony di’SantAgnese, Donald Trump. The Lancet Oncology. 2006; 7(6): 472–479.
11) Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy, Proton Therapy, or Conformal Radiation Therapy and Morbidity and Disease Control in Localized Prostate Cancer. Sheets, NC, Goldin, GH, Meyer, A, et al. JAMA. 2012; 307(15):1611-1620.
12) Mega voltage Irradiation for Pure Testicular Seminoma: Results and Patterns of Failure. Dosoret D, Shipley W, Blitzer P, Gilbert S, Prat J ,Parkhurst P, Wang C. Cancer.1981; 48:2184-1290.
13) Metastasis After Radical Prostatectomy or External Beam Radiotherapy for Patients With Clinically Located Prostate Cancer: A Comparison of Clinical Cohorts Adjusted for Case Mix. Zelefsky, MJ, Eastham, JA, Cronin, AM, et al. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2010; 28(9): 1506-1513.
14) Predicting 15-Year Prostate Cancer Specific Mortality After Radical Prostatectomy. Scott E. Eggener, Peter T. Scardino, Patrick C. Walsh, Misop Han, Alan W. Partin, Bruce J. Trock, Zhaoyong Feng, David P. Wood, James A. Eastham, Ofer Yossepowitch, Danny M. Rabah, Michael W. Kattan, Changhong Yu, Eric A. Klein, Andrew J. Stephenson. The Journal of Urology. 2011;185(3): 869-875.
15) Prognostic Factors for Relapse in Stage I Seminoma Managed by Surveillance: A Pooled Analysis. Padraig Warde, Lena Specht, Alan Horwich, Tim Oliver, Tony Panzarella, Mary Gospodarowicz, and Hans von der Maase. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2002; 20(22):4448-4452.
16) Quality of Life and Satisfaction with Outcome among Prostate-Cancer Survivors. Sanda, MG, Dunn, RL, Michalski, J, et al. New England Journal of Medicine. 2008;358:1250-61.
17) Radical Prostatectomy versus Observation for Localized Prostate Cancer. Timothy J. Wilt, M.D., M.P.H., Michael K. Brawer, M.D., Karen M. Jones, M.S., Michael J. Barry, M.D., William J. Aronson, M.D., Steven Fox, M.D., M.P.H., Jeffrey R. Gingrich, M.D., John T. Wei, M.D., Patricia Gilhooly, M.D., B. Mayer Grob, M.D., Imad Nsouli, M.D., Padmini Iyer, M.D., Ruben Cartagena, M.D., Glenn Snider, M.D., Claus Roehrborn, M.D., Ph.D., Roohollah Sharifi, M.D., William Blank, M.D., Parikshit Pandya, M.D., Gerald L. Andriole, M.D., Daniel Culkin, M.D., and Thomas Wheeler, M.D. for the Prostate Cancer Intervention versus Observation Trial (PIVOT) Study Group. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012; 367:203-213.
18) Radiotherapy and Short-Term Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer. Jones, CU, Hunt, D, McGowan, DG, et al. New England Journal of Medicine. 2011; 365(2): 107-118.
19) Radiotherapy for regionally localized hormone refractory prostate cancer. Lankford SP, Pollack A, Zagars GK. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 1995;33(4):907-12.
20) Radiotherapy with or without Chemotherapy in Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer. Nicholas D. James, M.B., B.S., Ph.D., Syed A. Hussain, M.B., B.S., M.D., Emma Hall, Ph.D., Peter Jenkins, M.B., B.S., Ph.D., Jean Tremlett, M.Sc., Christine Rawlings, M.Sc., Malcolm Crundwell, M.D., B.Chir., Bruce Sizer, M.B., B.S., Thiagarajan Sreenivasan, M.B., B.S., Carey Hendron, M.Sc., Rebecca Lewis, B.Sc., Rachel Waters, M.Sc., and Robert A. Huddart, M.B., B.S., Ph.D. for the BC2001 Investigators. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012; 366:1477-1488.
21) Randomized Trial of Hypofractionated External-Beam Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer. Alan Pollack, Gail Walker, Eric M. Horwitz, Robert Price, Steven Feigenberg, Andre A. Konski, Radka Stoyanova, Benjamin Movsas, Richard E. Greenberg, Robert G. Uzzo, Charlie Ma, and Mark K. Buyyounouski. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2013; 31(31):3860-3868.
22) The risks and benefits of 5α-reductase inhibitors for prostate-cancer prevention. Theoret MR, Ning YM, Zhang JJ, Justice R, Keegan P, Pazdur R. New England Journal of Medicine. 2011;365(2):97-9.
23) Stereotactic hypofractionated accurate radiotherapy of the prostate (SHARP), 33.5 Gy in five fractions for localized disease: first clinical trial results. Madsen BL, Hsi RA, Pham HT, Fowler JF, Esagui L, Corman J. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2007;67(4):1099-105.
24) Variation in the Definition of Biochemical Recurrence in Patients Treated for Localized Prostate Cancer: The American Urological Association Prostate Guidelines for Localized Prostate Cancer Update Panel Report and Recommendations for a Standard in the Reporting of Surgical Outcomes. Cookson, MS, Aus, G, Burnett, AL, et al. The Journal of Urology. 2007; 177: 540-545.