Medical Physics Specialists
Associate Division Director of Clinical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology
University of Michigan Health System
Her research interests are: deliverability and accuracy of advanced technology treatment planning, delivery and imaging techniques; assessment of the clinical impact of advanced technologies for breast cancer and other diseases; creation and application of new dosimetry devices for research and quality assurance in radiation therapy; and the sophisticated use of electron beams for treatment planning and delivery.
Professor and Chairman
Department of Radiation Physics
Division of Radiation Oncology
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
American Association of Physicists in Medicine
Chairman of the Board, 2000
American Board of Radiology
Oral Examiner in Radiological Physics, 2009
Member, Board of Trustees, 2007-present
Member, Radiation Oncology written examination committee, 1994-present
American College of Radiology
Member, Quality Task Force, QRRO, 2007-2009
Councilor at Large, 2004-present
American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
Member, Whole Breast Irradiation Task Force, American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, Fairfax, VA, 2009-present
Member, Government Relations Committee, 2001-2009
International Electrotechnical Commission
Chair, Subcommittee 62C, 2008-present
Chair, U.S. Technical Advisory Group, 1993-present
Member, Working Group 1, 62C, 1993-present
Member, U.S. Technical Advisory Group, 1990-present
Professor and Vice-Chair of Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Medicine and Applied Sciences
University of California, San Diego
JOURNAL REVIEWER –
- International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics
- Journal of Digital Imaging
- Medical Dosimetry Journal – Physics Advisory Board Member
- Medical Physics – Guest Associate Editor
- Journal of Neurosurgery
- Physics in Medicine and Biology
- Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Technology in Cancer Research & Treatment
Grant Reviewer –
- Department of Defense – Prostate Cancer Research Program; 2002 – 2003.
- Department of Defense – Breast Cancer Concept Awards; 2003.
- Department of Defense – Prostate Cancer Training Programs 2006.
Professional Committee Service –
- AAPM Computer Committee; 2002 – 2004.
- AAPM Medical Physics Education of Allied Health Professionals; 2002 – 2004.
- AAPM Working group on Error Prevention in Radiation Oncology; 2005 – present.